Sunday, August 7, 2011

Adios!

Hello family, friends, and others who happen to stumble across my blog. Welcome to my adventure. In two days I leave the United States to start my new life in La Union, Honduras. I am not certain how often I will be able to keep in contact with everyone I love. I decided keeping a blog may be the easiest way for others to know how I am doing and what I am up to. No, I am not a professional writer, so I apologize beforehand if anyone is looking for a great read—I’m only here to summarize my life. Thank-you for visiting my blog and I hope you enjoy!

It is hard to imagine that in a short 48 hours I will be arriving in Gracias, Honduras. I have known since the end of March about my 3rd grade teaching position in Honduras, and have been greatly anticipating the arrival of my flight there. As most of you know, I am extremely excited to start my journey. Excited is an understatement. I’M SO STOKED!!!!! Literally, I have been packed for over 2 weeks now—I couldn’t wait. Every time I think about my classroom, students, and new culture I will be immersed in, a huge smile breaks out on my face. Mostly I get excited because I know this is what God wants me to do in my life. I can feel him calling my heart there, and it has to be one of the greatest emotions I have ever experienced.
As amazing it will be to start my new life, it is always hard to say goodbye. I had too many “lasts” this week: last day babysitting, last day at the Nederlander, last night with my girlfriends, last time driving, last time with my entire family. It has been difficult! As you know, nothing means more to me than my family, and saying goodbye to them today broke my heart. When I come back everything with be so different—Jaida will be a little lady (right Lorilyn?), Connor will be able to say sentences, and I will have TWO new nieces! My hardest goodbye, my parents, is coming tomorrow. I can’t imagine my daily life without them. BUT I my aunt gave me great advice the other day.. “think of all your firsts that await you.” Doing that makes it a little easier to let go and start a new chapter.
Whether I’m completely ready or not, the time has come. I know so many of you are praying for me and thinking about me—I cannot thank you enough for that. You are appreciated! Please pray for me during the next couple days as my new life begins!


No comments:

Post a Comment